“Dame Alice Owen’s School – A History 1613-2013”
As part of our 400th anniversary celebrations, a new historical publication (limited edition) was made available in November 2012, written by Gareth Randall, Assistant Head at Owen’s until 2006, who then retired to become a priest in an Anglican Church in France. This beautiful hardback edition of 250 pages contains numerous wonderful illustrations from our 400 year-long history and profiles written about our famous alumni by parent, Rosie Millard, freelance journalist and former Arts correspondent for the BBC.
Order your copy using one of the methods below, price £25 (size 22.5cm x 28.5cm).
We also have a very limited number of specially signed editions – signed by famous Old Owenians at the Royal Albert Hall: Sir Alan Parker, Spandau Ballet’s Gary Kemp, Steve Norman and John Keeble, Dame Beryl Grey and our author, Gareth Randall, which are available to purchase for £100 each. Please email Nicola Culhane for details on: email@example.com
- History Book Order Form (115KB)
To order History Book with cash/cheque:
Print and complete the form below and send to the school Finance Office with your name, child’s name and form (if appropriate). If you are collecting the book/s from the school office, you will be notified by Intouch (parents) or email (Governors, Staff, Old Owenians) when the book/s is ready for collection. If you have ordered book/s by post, they will be sent to you within 7-10 days of purchase.
To order History Book online to receive by post:
- Go to link top right ‘Electronic Payments (Wisepay)’. Either login or create an account, go to ‘Fund Raising’ and view details for History Book.
- When you have made your purchase, YOU MUST FORWARD your confirmation of payment email to Nicola Culhane (firstname.lastname@example.org), with your name and address, to link payment to your purchase, which will be confirmed. Delivery is usually within 7-10 days.
To order History Book online for collection from school:
- Go to link top right ‘Electronic Payments (Wisepay)’. Either login or create an account, go to ‘Fund Raising’ and view details for History Book and choose the BOOK ONLY (COLLECT FROM SCHOOL) option.
- Then, YOU MUST FORWARD your confirmation of payment email to Nicola Culhane (email@example.com), with your name, child’s name and form (Parents only) or name and address (Parents/Old Owenians/Staff/Governors), to link payment to your purchase, which will be confirmed. You will then be notified by email when the books are available for collection from the school office.
An earlier publicaton of the history of the School by Mr R.A. Dare, produced in 1963, is now out of print. A copy can be found in our School library.