What is the OSA?
The OSA works to support our children’s school. Its committee of parents:
- Organises several big fundraising events a year like quiz suppers and fetes
- Provides refreshments at school plays, concerts, and parents’ evenings – over 40 events a year
- Helps parents meet and get involved with the school community
- Provides an email service so you can keep in touch – over 350 families are currently registered
- Is happy to receive questions or suggestions you don’t want to send to the school directly
We have a great committee of about 20, but we always love to welcome new members. Meetings are usually held on the first Monday of every month during term time at 8pm, with attendances from Mrs Nemko and Dr Mitchell. If you would like to sit in at a meeting before deciding on joining us, that’s fine – come and listen, new faces are always welcome. Just drop an email to one of our co-Chairs, Glenn Taylor or Kate Mackintosh on [email protected] to let us know you are coming. Meetings are held in the oak panelled Old Library on the first floor of the main building.
If you don’t want to get that involved directly on the committee, how about helping out serving drinks once or twice a year? Our refreshment rota always needs new volunteers! Email our Refreshments Co-ordinator, Sally-Ann Underhill, on [email protected] for more details!
Just come along to events! We run 2 big quizzes and 2 other events each year. In recent years we have held an Auction Evening, Dance Nights, an International Evening and a Summer Ball. Please do book up early so we know how many people to expect.
For any other OSA queries please email [email protected]
In Touch mailings to parents are sent out via the School to remind you of events coming up, details are posted on Latest News and keep an eye on our website for event booking forms!
Whatever you do, we suggest you join our email list – just give us your address and we will let you know about helping at forthcoming events. To sign up, just email us at [email protected] with your details.
You can also find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/theOSA.org.uk. Don’t forget to Like Us!
You can also let us know whether you are interested in:
- joining the committee
- helping with refreshments
- joining the 200 club
- arranging matched funding
- we run a 200 Club – £12 a year puts your name in the hat for 2 monthly prizes of £50 – see link for more details: www.theosa.org.uk/fundraising/200-club
- we encourage Matched Funding – large companies will match the money we raise. You just have to ask your employer!
- through Easyfundraising – www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/owensschoolassociation