Sixth Form Applications For 2021 Entry (Closed) :
The online application system is now closed. Applications for 2022 will open in November this year. Please note there is no entrance exam to join the sixth form and successful applicants are selected based on subject choice. An updated ‘Guide to Courses’ and ‘Subject Grid’ are available via the link to the right.
Due to Covid 19, we were unable to hold our Open Afternoon this year and we will not be able to accommodate individual visits to the school or tours. An introductory video is available below, as is a short video showing the site, which was recorded during lockdown earlier this year.
Conditions of entry to the Sixth Form
The Admission Arrangements for the Sixth Form are contained within the School’s Admissions Arrangements.
- All applicants to Year 12 must have a minimum of five Grade 6s at GCSE, with a minimum of Grade 5 in English Language and Maths if they are not part of the five.
- In addition, individual subjects will have their own specific requirements, which must also be met. Please see the course outlines for full details.
In a typical year there will be approximately 500 applications for the additional places, so please be aware that meeting the entry requirements does not guarantee a place.
Admissions Process for external candidates
An introduction to the Sixth Form is accessible here:
If you have any further questions about applying to the sixth form, please email [email protected] and we will respond to your query as soon as possible.
Application Form Link:
Please apply to the Sixth Form via this link: APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED
The deadline for applications to the Sixth Form for September 2021 was Friday 18th December 2020.
- Year 11 Proforma Reference (325KB) – Updated 11/11/20
For any further queries regarding our Admissions process, please email [email protected]
Timeline for external candidates for entry September 2021:
- The next stage of the admissions process will be held during February/March. Usually this includes a brief curriculum meeting with the Sixth Form team but the format will be confirmed at a later date (dependent upon restrictions at the time).
- Conditional offers of places – Letters will be sent by the end of the Spring Term 2021.
Please note – 16-19 Bursaries are available – see Policies