Conditions of entry to the Sixth Form
The Admission Arrangements 2019-20 for the Sixth Form are contained within the School’s Admissions Arrangements.
- All applicants to Year 12 must have a minimum of five Grade 6s at GCSE, with a minimum of Grade 5 in English Language and Maths if they are not part of the five.
- In addition, individual subjects will have their own specific requirements which must also be met. Please see the course outlines for full details.
In a typical year there will be approximately 500 applications for the additional places, so please be aware that meeting the entry requirements does not guarantee a place.
We begin by inviting Year 11 external candidates and their parents to our Sixth Form Open Afternoon in November. The programme consists of tours of the school, talks by Mr M Ewins (Head of Key Stage 5) and an opportunity to talk to subject teachers.
To apply to the Sixth Form, you will need to complete an online application form which will be available here from Thursday 14th November 2019 and submit it by Friday 20th December 2019. You will also need to complete and submit the following Year 11 Proforma Reference:
- Year 11 Proforma Reference (326KB)
For any further queries regarding our Admissions process, please email Year12entry@damealiceowens.herts.sch.uk
Timeline for external candidates for entry September 2020:
- Our Open Afternoon for external candidates to Sixth Form will be held on Thursday 14th November 2019 from 2.00pm – 5.00pm. No booking is required.
2.00pm to 4.00pm – Tours of the school.
2.15pm and 3.00pm – Talks by Mr M Ewins (Head of Sixth Form).
4.00pm – 5.00pm – Subject teachers available for discussion in the Main Hall.
Please note that this is a normal school day and consequently parking on site will not be possible – we would be grateful if you are considerate to our local residents.
- To apply to the Sixth Form, you will need to complete an online application form which will be available from Thursday 14th November 2019 and submit it by Friday 20th December 2019.
- Student meetings/Ongoing admissions process are held during February/March 2020. (Only selected students will be invited to the school to discuss their applications further).
- Conditional offers of places – Letters are sent by the end of the Spring Term 2020.
Please note – 16-19 Bursaries are available – see Policies