Sixth form applications for external candidates for September 2022
Applications for September 2022 will open on Thursday 11th November 2021. There is no entrance exam to join us in the Sixth Form and successful applicants are selected based on subject choice. An updated ‘Guide to Courses’ and ‘Subject Grid’ are available via the link to the right. Please note that, on occasion, some courses do not run each year, and changes may be made to the subject grid to optimise student choice.
Due to Covid restrictions we intend to run an adapted open afternoon for external candidates on Thursday 11th November. We hope that we will be able to invite potential new students, with a maximum of one adult to accompany them, to visit the school, take a tour of the buildings, meet with some subject staff and hear a talk about admissions from the Head of Sixth Form. We have to be mindful of numbers so to register an interest in attending, and crucially to be on the mailing list should the event need to be cancelled or rearranged, please complete this form by Friday 5th November.
The online application form will be available here from 11th November.
The Admission Arrangements for the Sixth Form are contained within the School’s Admissions Arrangements.
- All applicants to Year 12 must have a minimum of five Grade 6s at GCSE, with a minimum of Grade 5 in English Language and Maths if they are not part of the five.
- In addition, individual subjects will have their own specific requirements, which must also be met. Please see the Guide to courses for full details.
In a typical year there will be approximately 500 applications for the additional places, so please be aware that meeting the entry requirements does not guarantee a place.
Timeline for external candidates for entry September 2022:
Applications open on Thursday 11th November 2021
The deadline for applications to the Sixth Form for September 2022 is Friday 17th December, 2021.
- The next stage of the admissions process will be held during February/March. Usually this includes a brief curriculum meeting with the Sixth Form team but the format will be confirmed at a later date (dependent upon restrictions at the time).
- Conditional offers of places – Letters will be sent by the end of the Spring Term 2022.
Please note – 16-19 Bursaries are available – see Policies
- For any further queries regarding our Admissions process, please email [email protected]