Verbal Reasoning, English and Mathematics
These papers have been made available to ensure that all children have an opportunity to familiarise themselves with the format of our up and coming tests. They are NOT definitive and the inclusion of any question types are examples only and do not imply that they will be found in the final tests.
Additional Verbal Reasoning, English and Maths familiarisation papers are available to purchase – please find further information regarding this here.
Our Verbal Reasoning test is produced by GL Assessment who have provided us with their sample material. This will enable children to familiarise themselves with the format of the tests and to practice how to complete the answer sheets which will be marked electronically. For more information on computer marking please refer to our FAQs. Please note that the subject areas and the length of tests vary.
Whilst we have contractual rights to provide parents with these papers, private tutors or other private organisations may not feature this page and/or these materials (or any part of them) on their websites, or copy, reproduce, distribute or otherwise use or exploit these materials or any part of their content without the prior consent of GL Assessment. For further enquiries, please contact email@example.com.
- Verbal Reasoning Booklet 1 (172KB)
- Verbal Reasoning Answer Sheet 1 (145KB)
- Verbal Reasoning Booklet 2 (177KB)
- Verbal Reasoning Answer Sheet 2 (146KB)
- English familiarisation paper (223KB)
The following additional papers are available to purchase:-
Mathematics Practice Papers (5 papers in pack published August 2012) £15.00
English Practice Papers (3 papers published February 2017) £9.00
English Past Papers (3 papers 2011-2013) £9.00
Postage and packing for all of the above £3.00
Papers can be purchased in the following ways:-
- From Reception on school days between 9am – 3.45pm. Payment can be by cash or cheque (made payable to Dame Alice Owen’s School). There will also be papers available to purchase during our Open Afternoon in July and the school tours in October.
- By post on receipt of a cheque (made payable to Dame Alice Owen’s School). Please include a self addressed adhesive label with your cheque and send your request to Familiarisation Papers, Dame Alice Owen’s School, Dugdale Hill Lane, Potters Bar, EN6 2DU.
Please note we do not have a debit/credit card facility.
Please note that only children living within our Local Priority Areas are eligible to take our tests. Before purchasing papers please ensure that your child’s permanent address falls within one of these areas.
We would appreciate if you could refer to our comprehensive FAQs list before contacting the school with any further queries, as you may find the answer to your question here. This will enable our Admissions Officer and general office staff to deal with priority calls – thank you for your consideration.