Dame Alice Owen’s School celebrates GCSE success!

Congratulations to our young people on their truly excellent GCSE results this year!

These grades are the result of a great deal of hard work and determination on the part of our  young people, their families as well as the school staff.   Lockdown meant that these students missed out on a great deal of school in Years 8 and 9 and we have all worked  hard to help guide our young people through some very difficult times in order to reach this moment today.

24% of all GCSE grades were awarded at grade 9 and a further 23% at grade 8. Almost 20% of exams were graded 7 meaning that 68% of grades were 9-7 which is really outstanding.  92% of all grades were 9-5 which is 2% higher than 2019. 

95% of students achieved 5 or more standard passes (grade 4+) including English and maths and 89% of students achieved 5 or more strong passes (grade 5+) including English and maths.

3 of our students achieved 10 or more grade 9s,  with 22 achieving all grades 8 and 9, special congratulations to them all on this exceptional achievement.

Bella said “I am overjoyed with my GCSE grades that were all grade 9! I would like to thank my teachers who have inspired and encouraged me through my years so far at Dame Alice Owen’s.”

Thekli said “I am so pleased to have achieved all grade 9s in the ten exam subjects that I took at GCSE. I am looking forward to starting the sixth form at Dame Alice in September.”

Elizabeth said “ I am delighted with the results that I have achieved and the effort that I have put in. I am looking forward to obtaining the same level of education in the sixth form at Dame Alice.”

Alex said “ I am incredibly relieved to finally be finished with GCSE studies and I am looking forward to the sixth form here at Dame Alice. It is reassuring that the months of hard work actually paid off.”

Whilst we hope that our students ‘Never Stop Learning’ we hope that they remember to carry the rest of the precepts of the Owen’s way with them through life too: to seek out opportunities that will help them grow, to look beyond themselves wherever they can, to strive to be the best they can be and to support others and let themselves be supported when needed.

Wishing all of our students the very best as they move into their next exciting chapter.